- Jay Wilkins. Co-supervised with Alexander Teplyaev. 2011-2014.
- Marius V. Ionescu. Co-supervised with Alexander Teplyaev. 2008-2010. Now Associate Professor at the US Naval Academy
- Christopher Hayes. PhD 2022. Now Assistant Professor of mathematics at Gallaudet University.
- Antoni Brzoska. Co-advised with Alexander Teplyaev. PhD 2017. Now at Collins Aerospace.
Minor advisor (PhD Committee)
- Gamal Mograby PhD 2020.
- Amy Peterson PhD 2019.
- Kyle Evans. PhD 2017.
- Ulysses Andrews. PhD 2016.
- Daniel Kelleher. PhD 2014.
- John Haga. PhD 2012.
- David Ferrone. PhD 2012.
- Sweta Pandey. M.S. 2020.
- Richard Martin. M.S. 2015.
- Shane Gibson. M.S. 2012.
- Michael Ignatowich. M.S. 2011.
I have supervised a large number of undergraduate research projects as part of the UConn Math NSF REU Site. Most recent participants are still undergraduates, but many past participants have gone on to further study in mathematics or related areas.
- Bobita Atkins
- Ashka Dalal
- Natalie Dinin
- Johnathan Kerby-White
- Tess McGuinness
- Tonya Patricks
- Genevieve Romanelli
- Yiheng Su
- Jacob Brown. Now math PhD student at UConn.
- Georgios Kementzidis. Now PhD student in applied and computational math at SUNY Stony Brook.
- Cici Mikat. Now math PhD student at UCLA.
- Robyn Steveley. Now math M.S. student at the University of Idaho.
- Melissa Wei.
- Kathryn Cole. Now math PhD student, University of Kansas.
- Samantha Forshay. Now marketing and communication coordinator at Americorps.
- Nathaniel Kingsbury. Now math PhD student at CUNY.
- Leng Mawi.
- Matthew Peeks.
- Claire Canner.
- Shinyu (Robin) Huang. Now math PhD student at UC Berkeley with NSF GRF.
- Brett Hungar. Now math PhD student at OSU.
- Elizabeth Melville. Now math M.S. student at BYU.
- Nikhil Nagabandi. Now math PhD student at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Michael Orwin. Now software engineer at Epic.
- Madison Phelps. Now math PhD student at Oregon State University.
- Jonathan Wheeler. M.S. in math NAU. Now data scientist.
- Caitlin Davis. Now math PhD student, University of Wisconsin.
- Malcolm Gabbard. Now math PhD student, Kansas State University.
- Laura LeGare. M.S. in math Notre Dame University (2021).
- Carlos Lima. Now Physics PhD student at California State University, Long Beach.
- Anchala Krishnan. M.S. in Applied Math UConn (2021), M.S. in Data Science Rutgers (2023). Now at JP Morgan Chase.
- Cory McCartan. PhD in Statistics Harvard University. Now Assistant Professor of Data Science at NYU.
- Benjamin York. Now PhD student, University of Connecticut
- Luke C. Brown. Now math PhD student, Drexel University.
- Giovanni Ferrer. B.S. math, University of Puerto Rico 2019. Now math PhD student at OSU.
- Courtney George. PhD University of Kentucky (2023). Now Visiting Assistant Professor at UC Riverside.
- Samantha Jarvis. Now math PhD student, CUNY.
- Karuna Sangam. Now math PhD student, Rutgers University.
- Loren Anderson. PhD University of Minnesota 2022. NSF GRF.
- Edith Aromando. Now Operations Research Analyst, US DoD.
- Aubrey Coffey. M.S. student, T.U. Munich (2022).
- Hannah Davis. PhD UCSD (2023).
- Michael Dworken. Now senior software engineer, Arcadia.
- Lee Fisher. M.A. Appalacian State University 2017, PhD UC Irvine 2023. Now Data Scientist at the U.S. Navy.
- Madeline Hansalik, now Madeline Rooney. M.S. Math Texas A&M 2017.
- Stephen Loew. Now software engineer, Kiddom.
- Sara Chari. Ph.D. Dartmouth College 2019. Now Assistant Professor at St Mary’s College, MD.
- Joshua Frisch. PhD Caltech 2021. Now postdoc at Ecole Normale Superieure.
- Jessica Hyde. BS MIT. Now software engineer at Apple.
- Jesse Moeller. PhD University of Nebraska 2021. Now at SpaceX.
- Luis Seda. Now data analyst at Banco Popular, Puerto Rico.
Earlier undergraduate mentoring.
- Tyler Reese. Honors advisee at UConn. B.S., University Scholar, 2013. NSF Graduate Fellowship. PhD 2018 WPI.
- Matthew Begue. Honors advisee at UConn. B.S. 2011. PhD U. Maryland 2016. Now Principal Data Scientist at Creative Radicals
- Jessica DeGrado. Cornell REU mentee 2006. PhD University of Chicago Divinity School 2018. Now Assistant Professor of Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Michigan.
- Michael Barany. Cornell REU mentee 2006. PhD Princeton 2016. Now Senior Lecturer in the History of Science at the University of Edinburgh